BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 4, 2012

The real me

So in keeping with my little promise about posting a little about me for all the newbies to my blog, I am going to tell you all a little about me. You don't have a choice but to read this, so buckle up people.

-I started this blog on a whim, but I have met some amazing people through it and while I don't do it as often as I would like, I enjoy it so much more than I ever imagined. It's the best kind of outlet and relaxation for me.

-I am too hard on myself, but I tend to let others slide more often than not.

-I have a mild problem with purses, shoes and jewerly. Oh and cardigans. I have more cardigans than Target and Old Navy put together. Seriously y'all. Not a joke here.


-Both of my parents passed away from cancer. My dad when I was just two and my mom when I was 19. My sister has always been a "mother" figure to me even when my mom was here because we are so far apart in age. 18 years to be exact.

-The only boys that I think will ever be in my life are my nephews. They never let me down. They are growing up too fast. Rewind the clock, please.

-I secretly think I will NEVER get married. It sometimes stresses me out. I don't want to get married now, but the pressure in the south to get married at a young age is ridic. Like really people? You're getting enagaged a week after you graduate college? Don't you wanna live a little or is that just me?

-Reality TV consumes every aspect of my life. You name it, I probably watch it.

-You will never catch me without my iphone.

-I got a real job about 2 weeks after I graduated college and in a field that had nothing to do with my degree, but it pays the bills and I love it. Can't complain too much.

-Everything I own is monogrammed. I'm not overexaggerating in the least. Everything.

-I love to spend money on other people but have the hardest time buying things for myself without feeling guilty. I love any occasion that calls for a gift.

-I can count on one hand the number of people that I trust. 5 or less no doubt.

-I come across as a confident person, but when its just me with my thoughts, I am pretty self-conscious and I have some issues with myself, but I would never let anyone see that weakness.

-I have never been in a wedding. I don't know if I should be glad or worried/insulted. hmm..

-I love sports. Mainly baseball, BRAVES baseball. But I do enjoy some college football and my beloved Denver Broncos.

-I dust once a week. Clean freak isn't even the word I would use to describe myself.

-Clean sheets are my most favorite thing in the whole world.

-Favorite movie ever: Hope Floats. Nothing like some old school Sandra Bullock and Harry Connick Jr. Yummmmmy.

So what do y'all think? Crazy?
Absolutely.

3 comments:

  1. umm don't hate on getting married right after graduation... to my credit, i graduated in december, WALKED in may... and got married in may 3 weeks later ;)

    am i one of the people you trust? if not... my feelings are hurt and i would like an explanation.

    and the fact that you've never been in a wedding? be glad. its expensive and drama filled, and i know how much you love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize we had so much in common! The pressure to get married at such a young age is horrible. I ALMOST got married in my late teens/early twenties because of this. I'm also pretty sure J and I would be divorced right now. I also think that I'll be an old woman before I ever get married haha! I don't trust many people either. It stems from being burned way too many times. I didn't know that your dad died at such a young age. Mine did too. I've only been in one wedding. It's kinda crazy how some people are in a wedding every week! I can imagine it must get expensive! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like you've been through some interesting times but you seem to be doing well. Very inspirational to see people talk openly about their struggles and how it's made them who they are now. You should be incredibly proud of yourself, job and the few amount of people you truly trust. I have serious trust issues and I'm always remind that friends will come and go in your life. At the end, you'll only have a handful....if lucky, of true friends. No shame in that.

    southerngirllivingthecitydream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! I read each and every comment that you leave and I am thankful for them all! I will try to respond to all of them by replying or commenting on your blog! Thank you!