So here's a little recap of the baby shower me and few other girls hosted for my bestie Lindsey. She is due November 2 and we can't wait to meet that cute little face.
I would just like to say that our shower was probably the best that she had, not that I'm biased or anything but... ;)
It started at 2pm on Sunday and didn't really get over until about 5ish. I thought that was pretty good and that meant people were enjoying the things we had planned and the activites we were doing.
Anywho, I took on the task of producing a candy bar. (And no I didn't take pictures of the completed project...hey I'm doing good to have the pictures I do have) I had a little help from the roomie in making the centerpiece. It was a topiary that had 3 levels and over 600 dum dums on it. It looked GREAT! Needless to say, if anyone wants to borrow it and use it for your own shower, email me. That thing will be sticking around for a while haha! All my friends should look for that with or without a candy bar! I did a little bit of chocolate, some pastel colored jelly beans, some pink whoppers (yes they make those) and of course those amazing little mints that you always taken 15 of when you're leaving a restaurant even when it says 'Please take one,' among other things. It was a hit. I only brought home a little bit of candy thank goodness. Cavities are not welcome in this house!
We had a cute cake with baby Abigail's initals and Lindsey got a lot of cute baby clothes, diapers and a ton of other things that she is definitely going to need. The hosts all went in and we got her the crib she registered for which she seemed so excited about because those things are not cheap. ME? I'm cheap...not baby cribs. They're the opposite of cheap. I think my child will probably sleep in their crib until they're at least 16 because I need to get my money's worth
We did this cute game of baby ABC's where everyone has the whole alphabet written and had to come up with a word that started with each letter that had to do with baby/motherhood etc. Some of the answers were things like nipple cream for 'N' and alcohol for 'A,' rubbing alcohol that is ;) but hey, all moms need a drink sometime!
Only 5 more weeks to go! Hurry up Abigail!! She looks great and hasn't gained a lot of weight at all. All baby!! I love baby bumps!! EEEEKK
I don't know what the protocol is for touching pregant girls belly's, but I can do this. I don't even have to ask. Ever.
Best friends for 4 years now. I can't even imagine life without these girls!
There is always THAT picture when we are together. I love a candid though, I have to admit.
The hosts and the preggers. I think this was our attempt at a funny picture. Apparently Abigail was kicking Mrs. Connie in the face from the womb.. weirdos.
I can't wait for that girl to be here!! She might get induced the last weekend in October which would mean I will have to scrap my GA/FLA game plans because I cannot be in another state when my sweet niece is born. Sorry Dawgs..
















Cute, cute pics! The candy bar sounds wonderful!
ReplyDeleteyayyy. im so glad the shower went well :) cant wait to see that sweet babys face, either!
ReplyDelete