My long lost blog people-what is up!? I have been MIA for a while and while I was gone, I have made a lot of life changes and most of them have been for the better.
I don't know if you remember "mystery boy" but I have discussed him plenty of times on the blog. He is the person I have been with since highschool and for all you people trying to guess my age and add up how long that has been, its been 6 years. We have been through everything together. He was the first person I really loved. I had been "in love" two other times before but I was in high school...so yeah you all know about that kind of love.
I started officially dating him a week to the day after I graduated. It was wonderful. I never thought it was possible to be happier than I was. Freshman year of college brought the death of my mom and possibly the hardest time I ever remember having in my life. I was balancing or attempting to balance my mom being gone and the grief that came with that and maintaing a good GPA so I could be something someday.
Through all that, he was there. For anything and everything I needed and even the things I didn't. I will always equate that time in my life to him. My mom loved him and he loved her. I couldn't have asked for a better person to be there for me at the lowest point in my life to date.
Things went well for 4 solid years. He then got accepted into a radiation therapy program at a school about 2 hours away while I was left behind. We ultimately broke up but never lost contact and never really broke up. This went on up until about 2 months ago with the exception of one time we got back together and then broke up again. We have been back and forth for the last 3 years and I just got tired. Tired of waiting for something to change, tired of making the effort to drive down to see him (as he now lives 8 hours away) and tired of being not important to him as I always made him a priority in my life.
October, I went to GA/FLA as usual with my friends and when I got back home that Sunday, I just picked up the phone and told him I couldn't do this anymore and I didn't want to. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. For a long time, I thought he was my best friend, but then I realized I was fooling myself. I was HIS best friend but he was not mine. He didn't treat me with respect and he didn't value me in the way that I deserved. He knew that no matter what happened or what was said, I would always be there. So I made the decision to not be there anymore. It was a hard time for me.
My birthday came around, Dec. 5 and he called to wish me a happy birthday and it set me back after not speaking for weeks. I officially haven't spoken to him in about a month and I still feel sad when I think about it but I am realizing that I deserve better and I value myself enough to move on. No more playing the waiting game and hoping we end up together. When I snapped myself back into reality, I realized that I wasn't treated the way I deserved. I wasn't a priority in his life and that did it for me. I believe that when you know better, you do better and I did better for myself. I let all my emotions and thoughts of who we used to be together dictate my decisions to stay in a situation that I didn't have any right being in. He didn't fight for me. He simply let me go. And I am ok with that..or at least I am getting there.
I made the choice to start doing things for myself and not relying on anyone for my happiness. I am responsible for that and no one else is going to do that unless I make myself happy first. I have been living and doing things for me. If I want to do something, I do it. If I want to go somewhere, I go. If I want to buy something, I buy it. I made a promise to myself on NYE to get my happy back myself and do what I want to do and live for me. I have been hanging out with new and old friends, trying new things and healing. I haven't heard from him and I don't expect to. He owes me nothing. I have love for him always as he was there for me for most of my adult life. He was there for all my adult firsts. I can never take that back and I wouldn't want to. People change and realized we both changed and not in the same direction.
Even as I sit here and type this, I have no tears. It is almost calming to be able to just say it and actually believe it. I finally believe it!
Go get your happy back. Don't stay in something that doesn't make you happy! Do things for yourself. I am learning everyday about loving this new life. I am letting go of the past and looking forward to the future. If someone wants to be a part of my life, they will make an effort. And if not, LIFE GOES ON ANYWAY!
2013 is a new year and a new perspective for me! Love to all my bloggieeeee buddies who I have made friendships with and speak to regularly! Love you all!!!! All 84 of you!
Peace out peoples! I will be back! :)











I'm proud of you for writing this and for getting your happy back! You always inspire me, and I'm so happy to have you as a friend!
ReplyDeleteI'm currently dealing with a less-than-fun introduction to the world of divorce, so I'm not sure how to react to this post (not a comment on you, I hasten to add; I'm just not sure how I feel about it). But, what I do know is that there's not many times when it's good to be unhappy, and I hope that this does bring you the happiness you definitely deserve!
ReplyDeleteGood for you!!!! It's hard to break apart when someone doesn't treat you right, but it's for the best! it opens up possibilities for something WAY better!
ReplyDeletei am so glad to read this... i know you will miss him, but sometimes you just have to leave relationships in the past. and its really hard, but it's part of growing up and i truly believe you have bigger and better things in your future.
ReplyDelete