BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Staycation=burn

SOOOO, its FINALLY Thursday! See, you didn't all die of boredom this week. Tomorrow is the beginning of your weekend and fun! No more boring work...at least for 2 full days! Holllaaa!

If you read my last post, you all know that I got sunburnt on my "staycation." Today I opted to stay out of the sun and recover because I look like a lobster and if I get any more red, I will have to change my race...to whatever people are red. If you know what those people are (if any) please let me know because I need to make contact with them ASAP. 

Ahem...so anyways, I was trying to get to the point...sometimes it takes me a while. Don't judge me. 

I learned that when you are sunburnt, trying on clothes is NO kinda fun. I had to go to Walmart after pool day numero dos to get a few items (and by a few, I mean like $40 worth...ouch) So if I am at Walmart to get some necessary items, I might as well hop and skip on over to the clothing sections to see what I can find. (No hopping or skipping this time due to extremely sunburnt body) Notice I said WHAT I can find and not IF I find...this is because I can always find something cute there. This may or may not be a mild problem that requires therapy in the future.

SO of course, I found cute things and every girl knows you cannot buy something without trying it on. It can be the cutest thing you've ever seen on the rack but when you put it on you look like something out of a horror movie. *cue screaming*

So I found cute shorts, a dress, and a tank top I have been eyeballing for weeks. I slowly take my sunburned self into a dressing room. I know the people outside were thinking I was some kinda weird because I kept saying things like "Man, that hurts" or "Mama is sunburnT" (I am not a mama, I just like to say stupid stuff like that..thats weird right..? oh well) 

I got two pairs of shorts out of the deal. Wouldn't you know it..? The shirts and dresses I tried on that hurt soooo bad I didn't even get? Oh and instead of getting something that would showcase my new tanned shoulders, back and chest. I opted for something that would show my NASTY WHITE LEGS. 

Moral of the story people- always tan you legs. I kid.  Don't try on clothes when you are sunburnt. It will not end well for anyone! But seriously..always tan your legs!

Happy Happy Almost Weekend! 

4 comments:

  1. Hello, I found you from your comment at a girl and a glue gun but I csnt find your follow button so I can't become your newest follower....sorry! X

    P.s. I almost couldn't be bothered to post either, but I fought through the word verification in the end (no offence meant)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ashley- how about i saw a lady at the post office today with the white-est legs everrrr. and thought of you and this blog post. and it made me chuckle a little. i am sure your legs were not as white as hers!

    samantha- ashleys follow button is in the right column below her "must reads"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lori! Glad my pasty legs can be a mid day chuckle for you! And yes..they're whitttteeee!

    Samantha sorry you're having trouble. My follow button is right below my must reads as lori said. And sorry about the word verification. I always have trouble with it when commenting! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ashley,
    Thanks for the comment on my blog!
    Yours is cute, glad to have found it.
    ALso, yes, trying on shorts with white legs is scary! Go get yourself some tanning lotion!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! I read each and every comment that you leave and I am thankful for them all! I will try to respond to all of them by replying or commenting on your blog! Thank you!