BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Graduation

Hiiiii-o!! Yesterday, I officially became a college graduate! The typical kind- no job, no prospects, and no money. Even with all that, I still feel so happy and proud of myself for making it this far and finally finishing. It was one of the hardest and most rewarding things I have done so far. 

I wouldn't have made it without the support of my wonderful family and friends. I don't feel like I graduated from college, I feel like WE graduated. They have been there to listen to me cry, vent, complain and so much more for the past few years and I couldn't be more appreciative for them. Thanks guys!

The ceremony...long and hot. I think I sweated out all the liquids I had drank for the past week. It was hot, but it could have been a lot worse. Thanks Georgia summer for making the sun hotter than ever and allowing no breeze to come thru front campus between the hours of 8:30 and 11. 

I have to admit that I was in diva mode all week because I THOUGHT my family had planned a baseball party for my nephew on the same day as my graduation. I was kinda ok with it at first, but then once it got closer I realized I wanted to spend the day with my family, but that they would be rushing home to prepare for the party. 

Ian aka (not so) mystery boy drove 8 hours on Friday to be here and he pretty much took me away from them right after. I thought he felt bad for me since I had cried to him the day before about how no one seemed to care about being with me on graduation. So he took me to lunch and a movie then kept suggesting things to do because "he didn't wanna go home because it was boring." If you know him, he loves being home. He is such a home body. Finally I was released from his care and I came home. 

Long story short, around 5pm I see people starting to arrive at my sisters which is right next door to my house. I assumed it was people from my nephew's baseball team....wouldn't you know it....

They were all my friends. My silly and crazy big sister had been planning this whole graduation party behind my back and ALL my friends were in on it for at least a week prior to graduation. 

My immediate feeling was digust..with myself for being such a rude little brat all day. I had to then apologize to my family for being so snappy. She got a kick out of my anger I think because deep down she knew I was going to regret it in a matter of time!! Ridic.

It was a great time with all my closest family and friends and as I sit here and type this blog and think about how things are about to change for everyone, it makes me emotional. Two of my best friends are moving 2+ hours away and it makes me happy for them to be moving on with their lives but makes me sad because I am going to miss them like crazy!  

Congrats girls. I know you are going to be awesome and are going to do all the best things in the world and I can't wait to be cheering you on every step of the way!

And now begins the picture overload! :)

 Two of my best friends. They have been my sidekicks for over a year now and 
I can't imagine them not being my besties!

 I was forced to take this picture with the cake. You know, like all the cool people do!

 He's gonna kill me because he was sweaty, but isn't he just so cute?! I miss him like crazy.

 Me and the Hannah! Known each other for a long time now and I am glad we are getting close :)

A little private gift opening. They gave me alcoholic items that couldn't been seen my all my guests. 

My two best girl friends. I don't know what I would do without them. Seriously.

 Me and Shelby aka my sistawife

Me and Kevin have been friends since 7th grade. I still consider him one of my besties. 

WE DID IT!!!!!
How cute is that one in his bowtie!?  ow owww.

Thanks for all your kind words and support this semester bloggers! Some of you have been there a lot for me and I can't say thank you enough! I am officially back and I know you are so excited!

Also, for those 2 people who unfollowed me, I hope you feel bad. I was trying to graduate college and couldn't blog that much. Sorry I was no good but you should be ashamed :)

Just kidding....maybe.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you and excited for your wonderful accomplishment. I know how hard you were working! Your party looks so fun! I'm glad your sister did that for you. What a sweetheart! I'm jealous that you get to hang out with Hannah and Lori and all those bloggy peeps. No fair! It's nice to see Mystery Boy make an appearance! Congrats again! Love ya, soulmate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay congrats Ashley!! That's such a HUGE accomplishment :) you should be proud! Glad you're back on the scene ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATSSSSSS! i am so proud of you. and happy that we can finally hang out again!!!

    you look good in that robe... maybe we can belt it and wear them out sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha, you crack me up!!

    Yay for graduating and congratulations! I'm so glad you had a surprise party! I'll have to tell you some of my party (or lack there of) stories some time HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed this post!! congrats on graduating!! New Follower via email :-)

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! Such a huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! I read each and every comment that you leave and I am thankful for them all! I will try to respond to all of them by replying or commenting on your blog! Thank you!