BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 9, 2011

Weekend haps

So as all of you know, I am DONEZOOOO with finals and one more semester until I can be a college graduate...
Please hold your applause until May 5, 2012. 

I have been crazy busy and rarely have time to do anything so I am looking forward to spending some time with friends and family and working to make up for my lack of working during the semester. Of course, I want to have a little fun too!

As some of you know, a couple of months ago in or near Atlanta, Georgia, there was a masters student who went to GCSU and was working as a probation officer. Long story short, she was shot while training one day and was killed. Very sad considering she was still young..not sure how old but maybe early to mid twenties.

This Saturday in Milledgeville, Amici is hosting a benefit for her and all the money raised will go to her endowment fund that has been set up in her name at GCSU. 
While I never had the privilege of knowing her, I have heard nothing but kind words about her since it happened and from what I hear, she was possibly the most giving and caring person around. 

As a future probation officer (fingers crossed on that one) it is something that I support. She was trying to help people and some kind of crazy thing just happened to happen to her. Not planned or intentional. Freak accident kinda deal.

So, if you are in the area and have no plans, come to Amici in downtown Milledgeville. They are going to have t-shirts, stickers, and will be accepting donations. Amici will also be donating a percentage of the nights sales to her fund as well, I do believe. 

Regardless of it you knew her or not, raising money in her honor is a wonderful thing. 
I will certainly be in attendance and showing my support for her and so should you!

It's a great cause ya'll and Amici has a great atmosphere, super cool bands and good drinks too! It would mean alot to alot of people so if you can come for the whole night or just for an hour, its a good cause.
I believe it starts around 10pm because that is when the band will start. 

COME SHOW SOME SUPPORT AND LOVE FOR TIFFANY!
Hope to see ya'll there!

1 comment:

  1. tiffany was my age, 24. i didn't know her really well, but we had a class together freshman year and since shes from the same town i am, we had some mutual friends. i think the benefit is great! hope they have a good turn out.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! I read each and every comment that you leave and I am thankful for them all! I will try to respond to all of them by replying or commenting on your blog! Thank you!