So you all know how I am obsessed with anchors, right? If not, here ya go. There is a really good story behind it. My dad passed away when I was a baby, almost 2 years old to be exact. I never knew him so it's not a terribly touchy subject but still sucks nonetheless. I have always loved anchors and my dad was actually in the navy, so I kinda use them as a way to relate to him. He had a tattoo on his forearm of any anchor. Apparently at that time, all the seamen did. (sorry Lori :))
When I saw it in a picture, I immediately knew that was going to be my next one. I had known that he had one, but seeing it in a picture made me real I guess!
So when I got a tattoo in memory of my mom, it seemed only fitting that one day I would do the same for my dad. I have been salivating over anchor tattoos for some time now and I have been itching lately to get it done, but haven't had the time or the money etc etc.
So tonight after work I finally did it! It only took 20 mins compared to my other one that took almost an hour.
What do ya think?
Sorry it looks a tad gross, but you try getting a needle jabbed into your foot for 20 minutes and see how well your foot looks after!
I just love it so much. I will think of my dad every time I look at it or people ask the meaning just like I do when I see my other one!
It's funny how tattoos came strike up a convo and make you remember things, people and feelings! I never was a huge fan of them, but the meaning behind mine makes me love them!
Also, don't forget to grab my button!
Have a great Sunday peoples. I am finally seeing The Hunger Game. Praise the lord!











I love, love, love it! It's so good when tattoos have meaning. I have a small heart on the back of my neck. I love it too. What's your other one?
ReplyDeleteThis looks fantastic!! And I love the sentiment behind it! Hope you are having a great weekend lovely :)
ReplyDeleteI love it!!!
ReplyDeleteLove!!! I have a cross right there!!
ReplyDelete