BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 13, 2012

Bittersweet...

I hope everyone's day has been a little better than mine. It started off at work this morning before we even opened and it has continued ever since and been the crappiest day in a while.

Needless to say, Friday the 13th certainly did not disappoint. Anyway, here's the story..

So I found out some news today. The mystery man who had the job interview in another state got the job in that state and is more than likely moving there. We were at dinner when he got the email saying they wanted to offer him the position. I literally couldn't get out of there fast enough. I wanted to get out because I knew I was about to lose it and I didn't wanna do it in the middle of Chili's. Embarrassing!


He was so excited and couldn't even contain himself. I was holding it together, but he obviously could tell that I was upset.


Y'all, I really am happy for him because he has been looking for a job for probably 7 or 8 months and he has filled out countless applications. I don't wanna be selfish and seem unhappy because honestly I am. I am so proud of him and I can't think of a better, more deserving person for this to happen to. It's a perfect time in his life. He has no obligations and he can move without having any issues.

I just wanna cry and be sad, but I refuse to do it to or in front of him. Its selfish and unfair to him. I won't take away his happiness with my whining and griping. Its just not OK with me.

The first person I wanted to call when I left was my mom and obviously, thats not an option for me. She would know the exact thing to say and she would just tell me that I was being selfish and ridiculous and I think I need that right about now. She would also know the right things to tell me and make me calm.


I just wish she was here for me to complain and biatch to.

I can't say that I won't be depressed for a while, but I can promise you I won't do it in front of him or to him. I just wanna be with him and I love him so much, but I realize that maybe its not right. I know I am being so dramatic because I don't even know what is going to happen. He could get there and hate it and be back in a month, but he could love it, meet someone else, and be happy. And if that happened, I would be happy FOR HIM.

Anyways, pity party is over. I am letting it go because its out of my control now. The only thing I can do is be supportive and be happy for him and be here for him to talk to.

I hope your Friday was great and that you are enjoying your 3 day weekend already!

Hopefully, I will blog tomorrow and if not, please don't send a search party after me. I will return! :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry :( i know its tough. so how about we have a joint pity party? you drive to my place and ill supply the wine and carbs?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I totally understand how hard it is to not cry during someone else's celebration, but I cannot imagine how you're currently feeling right now with everything all over the place. Keeping you in my heart!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl that stinks!! :/ i'm so sorry, but everything happens for a reason. maybe the distance between you will make him realize how much he needs you in his life, you could end up dating long distance, then after you graduate you could move to said other state, ya'll could date and then get married! :) i'm just trying to be optimistic for you! :) so sorry friday the 13 dumped it's load on you, but it'll get better!! enjoy your 3 day weekend, us in the corporate world don't get it! :/ can i please go back to college?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ashley, I'm so sorry to hear this! I've been through a similar situation, and I know it sucks. It's hard when all you want to do is cry, but there's nothing you can do but be supportive of him. Stay strong, girl, and if you need to talk let me know. Like I said, I've been there!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy! I read each and every comment that you leave and I am thankful for them all! I will try to respond to all of them by replying or commenting on your blog! Thank you!